Skip to Content
Lisa’s To-Die-For Creamy Mushroom Soup & Gravy
Lisa chose mushrooms for this recipe, but it’s the perfect base to use for any cream soup (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, etc).
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup finely chopped Onions
- 16 oz sliced Mushrooms
- 1 quart Water
- 4 T Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Flour
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat and throw in the onions and mushrooms. Cook them down until golden brown and mushrooms are tender.
- Add water and bouillon, bring to a boil.
- Shake together milk and flour vigorously in a mason jar and pour into the boiling broth, straining as you pour so you don’t have lumps.
- Add black pepper to taste, or your favorite seasonings.
This is also an awesome way to make to-die-for gravy.
- When you bake a turkey or a chicken, add a cup of water and a 1/4 cup bouillon to the pan.
- Cover with foil and the turkey and chicken will add more juices of their own as they cook. You’ll end up with more than just 1 cup of liquid.
- When the bird is done, pour all the liquid drippings into a stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Make the same milk and flour thickener as above and as your drippings are boiling, add this slowly to it.
- Cook to the thickness you want; it’s the easiest thing. Season to taste.