Lisa’s Kitchen: Perfect Personal Pizza
Use fresh vegetables to top this homemade personal pizza recipe to make it perfect!
The secret to a perfect crust is giving your dough a little time to rise, and cooking your pizza at a high temperature for a short time. You want to create the effect of a pizza oven.
You will need:
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ c warm water
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 500℉. Mix water, yeast, and honey together and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add mixture to flour, as well as the olive oil in a medium bowl. Mix by hand until dough is formed.
- Pull dough from the bowl and knead by hand for 5 minutes. Then, cover dough ball with the bowl on a flat surface. Allow the dough to raise for 30 minutes.
- Split dough into 2 pieces. Begin to form 2 small flat, round pies with your hands. Sprinkle cornmeal on half a sheet pan and place the two rounds on top, keeping it’s shape as close to round as possible.
- Add toppings. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Lisa’s topping combinations:
- Asparagus, tomato sauce, mozzarella
- Plum tomatoes, tomato sauce, mozzarella, basil
- Roasted peppers, sauteed onions, sausage, tomato sauce, mozzarella