Magazine Submission Guidelines
Are you passionate?! Do you live on a farm? Or find sustainability as fascinating as we do? Do you also feel inspired to write? Do you like to cook and want to share some recipes or pictures? Maybe you enjoy gardening, writing, baking, or repurposing?
Freedom Farms is looking for articles that will complement our mission and effort to reinvent
the image of farming. Articles highlighting modern farming and agriculture,
sustainable lifestyles, or any other creative content. Freedom Farms’ editing team is currently taking
submissions on these and similar subjects. Share your passion in an essay or an
article – maybe we will share it on our social, add it to our blog, or even
publish it in our monthly national magazine!
We are an evolving family business of local
farmers, chefs, bakers, and artisans, working together to provide the highest
quality local food in western PA. Our mission is to set the community’s
standard in freshly picked produce, delectable baked goods, nutritionally dense
meat, and family-oriented service. We know many of our customers share our value in hard work in
locally produced, slow, food and we feel honored to have the
opportunity to spread the knowledge of farming and sustainability from
our real life experiences to our local and national communities. We appreciate
your support, thank you! Freedom Farms, Where Farming is King!
Freedom Farms would love
to hear from you but please keep these guidelines in mind when submitting:
to the suggested topics.
- Every submission must come with a brief outline to explain the key points in the article and how they relate you may have. Please include credentials that may pertain to the subject.
- We encourage submissions from new and seasoned writers. Please include any publishing credentials
- At least 800 words per submission (please ask for more details on word counts). better). Photographs should be submitted as .jpg digital files.
- Freedom Farms encourages writers to submit artwork with their essay. Original photography only (the higher the resolution, the
- Our Creative Director will contact you via email to discuss artwork further if necessary. submission.
- We ask that writers also include their Name, Address, Telephone Number, and Email Address for each
- Please submit articles as a Word or Google Document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Submission. considerations.
- Freedom Farms reserves the right to alter your submission for readability or space our blog. If you have further questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
- Articles selected for print will be published in our national Freedom Farms Magazine and published on
Just a few topics of
(shopping, supporting, businesses)
Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs
Lunch, Dinner ideas
in the Fields
Food, Know Your Source
questions, feel free to contact our Magazine Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org