Good Ol’ Fashioned Popcorn Balls Recipe
This easy-to-make sweet recipe is sure to win your heart. Popcorn balls have been a favorite American treat since the pioneers moved westward on the prairie, and this simple recipe only uses five all-natural ingredients. If you’re in the area, stop by the Freedom Farms Market and pick up some local honey to use when you bake! Not in the area? Order some online!
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- ¾ cups butter, sliced
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To begin, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour popped popcorn into a roasting pan, and line a baking sheet with paper.
- Use a saucepan to heat honey, butter and salt. Bring to a low boil for one minute and add vanilla while stirring.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over popcorn. Coat popcorn with honey mixture and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let stand five minutes.
- Coat hands with butter and form into balls. Let cool completely, and enjoy!
This article was originally published in the Dec. 2013 issue of Freedom Farms Magazine.